Thursday, January 11

In The City

by Lisa (aka Sexy Chocolate)

Hey ya’ll..this is my first time writing a blog so you’ll have to get used to my style. I promise it won’t be hard to follow me. Well, let’s get to the music…I don’t know about you, but my friends and I usually judge the quality of the CD based on how many tracks we can tolerate…yes, I said tolerate. Sometimes you get caught up in the hype from my side of the industry about how “hot’ an album will be and then we get the advance and let’s just say….that hype fizzles quickly. This week I didn’t have my XM in the car and ya know FM isn’t even an option, so I went digging for CD’s I have in my car. First up it is Tyrese’s new “Alter Ego” Cd….Tyrese is definately easy to look at(you’ll see him in the new Steven Spielberg flick-“Transformers” in July)..anyway Tyrese has always been known as this sultry sexy r&b singer…surprise…he’s rhyming now. You’ll also be surprised to see that he actually sounds good! Will he be nominated for a Grammy next year…maybe, he’s heightened his chances in 2 different categories. My favorite cuts are –Roses, Get Low, Morning After and Better Than Sex….Now on to my next CD…Chris Brown..I love this boy! Ok, I have to listen to my favorite cut “Just Fine” a million times when I’m driving. This is a CD that you can bang from front to back…Seriously, almost every song could be a single….it’s his first and only CD and this kid has become a house hold name. I saw him last summer at the St. Kitts Music Festival and he rocked it...Of course we can’t forget his dancing…I never seen anyone that tall dance so well. Congrats Chris on your Grammy nomination-you deserve it and I think you will win..Alright ya’ll , I gotta roll…sexy chocolate has got things to do! Next time we’ll talk about Mary J Blige and her Breakthrough in 2006, her grammy nominations, her fly clothes, her fierce hair, etc..

Holla at me anytime-
lisa@sexychocolate.net or thecity@xmradio

Lisa
The City – XM 67

No comments: