Tuesday, February 13

20on20 GRAMMY Wrap Up

We’re Baaaack!!! LA was awesome to us…and the Grammy people at NARAS (The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences) were even better!!! Personally I hoped you enjoyed the XM coverage as much as we enjoyed working the countless hours around the clock to bring you Radio/TV’s most comprehensive coverage of the Grammys’. They don’t call it “Music’s BIGGEST night” for nothing. We at XM recogize that, and are proud to be a partner with the Grammy’s to cover ALL the events that lead up to Grammy night. From Scott Walterman and Lou Brutus on sight at the Grammy Award nomination announcements to the televised award show it-self!

Hanging out on the campus of USC for the Grammy Career Days with artists and celbs’ like Ne-Yo, Imogen Heap, Randy Jackson and Taylor Hicks of American Idol, super producer Sean Garrett (resposible for artists like Chris Brown, Nicole Scherzinger, Usher, Ciara, Mary J. Blige, Beyonce, Jaimie Foxx, Britney Spears...I think ya get it!!), Corine Bailey Rae all sharing their personal experiences about the biz’ with High School students who want to be part of the music industry. A true opportunity students around the country would not be afforded had it not been for the the Grammys!

Then there was the MusiCares tribute to Don Henley, where I was on the Red Carpet interviewing stars like Trisha Yearwood who performed for Don whowas with her man Garth Brooks, my boy Roger Cross from 24 (Curtis Manning), Jon Secada and his beautiful wife Maritere, the beautiful ladies of the My Grammy Moment contest Africa Miranda, Brenda Radney, and the winner Robyn Troup!! They were all so nice and this was my second time catching up with them, for 3 girls who never walked a red carpet before, they were amazing! I’m sure I’m spacing out on all sorts of names, but trust me this was a who’s who of the music and entertainment biz’. Plus I should tell ya what an awesome cause Music Cares stands for. It’s musicians helping musicians. Like when Hurricane Katrina ravished New Orleans and the surrounding areas, it was this organization that helped the artist get back on their feet. When ya have some time read about MusiCares: http://www.grammy.com/musicares/
All the while I got be live on XM’s 20on20…my home here on XM, sharing the stories, the sounds, the experiences. Honestly it’s mind blowing. The guys on my team were all making fun of me because I get sooo nervous doing this stuff…I know this is what I get paid to do, it’s my job, but come on…you’ve read the names, this is huge!!! I absolutely love it! It’s not just a job…it’s an honor!

Then to be on the red carpet for the Grammy Awards…there are just no words! I got to work with the legendary Lou Brutus, and spoke with everyone from Phil Lesh of the Greatful Dead, to all the ladies of Danity Kane. Truly everyone across the spectrum! Just to be in the presence of such incredible artists and actors alike was truly surreal…and again an honor that you let us come into your homes and cars and let us hang with you for such an important event, I thank you!

Speaking of thanks, I’d really like to thank the XM staff that made it all possible. Everyone on the LA side, Scott Walterman our leader, my fellow broadcasters Paul Bachman, Michelle, Lou Brutus, Lisa Lisa A.K.A Sexy Chocolate, and Robert Aubrey Davis, all the incredible producers under the lead of my man Jim Mcbean, Ben Krech, Jim Shariffi, and Rob Anevia. Our on site engineer Danny, thank you! Plus all the support back in our DC offices, Corey, Joe, Efim, Gavin, the guys in engineering, I know I’m forgetting names but your help is not forgotten!!! And super special thanks to Stephanie, Howard Sandy and Adam thank you for your unparallel kindness that will never be forgotten. I work with the most incredible team in radio…I hope to be able to be apart of this team for a long time to come and can’t wait to bring you the 50th Anniversary of the Grammy’s next year!!!!

Thanks for listening!!!!
Priestly

No comments: