Thursday, February 15

Michelle's GRAMMY Fantasy Land

It's hard to put into words what the past few days have been like. Going to the Grammys is just like living in a fantasy land. I hope you enjoyed all of the coverage on 20on20 as well as on Grammy Radio. We had a blast doing it for you!

A few of my own personal highlights from the Grammys...well where do I start? Friday night was the MusiCares dinner, which honors a musician each year. This time around it was Don Henley. Now, the cool thing about this party is that a bunch of artists get on stage and perform the songs of the honoree. I had no idea who was performing this year, but you can imagine how awesome it was when things got underway and John Mayer started the show! It continued to be great when we got to see performances by Keb Mo, Trisha Yearwood, Dixie Chicks, Michael McDonald, and then a mini concert by Don Henley himself. It definitely was one of those times I was sitting there thinking, "Am I really here??!?!?!"

The next day my friend Lisa from XM 67 The City got to town and we jetted over to the Style Studio. This is where celebs go to get the freebies. Stylists were roaming the joint scooping up clothes for clients to wear to the Grammys. It was a very laid back and fun time, everyone was just chilling out. We ran into Akon, the guys from The Fray, and my friend Natasha Bedingfield. Even though she didn't end up winning, I know she had a fabulous time and she looked amazing!

The actual Grammys were the perfect end to the weekend. My favorite performances were Mary J. Blige and Christina Aguilera. I was blown away that Christina could still take her singing to a whole new level. Love her or hate her, that girl can sing!!! I was also really happy that Carrie Underwood got Best New Artist. She's just so talented and you can tell she's enjoying her success while still being grateful for how she got there.

Well, until next time...thanks for reading. Like I said, I hope you enjoyed everything the XM crew put together for you. We'll be at it again next year, you can count on it!

Michelle
20on20

No comments: